Monday, May 14, 2012

Listen to Your Mother


In honor of Mother’s Day I’m writing on something I learned and learned hard from my mom, never quit.  First I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day and thank you to all the mothers out there.  To my story…When I was a about 11 years old I was playing Little League Baseball.  I was in my second year of baseball and had good success my first year.  Second year not so much.  Honestly I wanted to quit.  I was benched and very upset with myself.  I approached my mom about quitting and she told me adamantly, “No, never, you will not quit!  Quitting is never an option!”  We argued and argued and frankly I really hated my mom for not giving me the answer I want.  But, in the end, she forced me to stick it out and wouldn’t you know it, things got better.  Things got alot better.  I enjoyed four consecutive all star seasons with the stats to back it up.  I went into high school as one of the best players in my class.  After high school, I was offered a chance to play college ball, but turned it down to go after education.  Mom was ok with that.  My point being, we live in absolutely cynical world and family comes first.  Not everyone has the family experiences I have had I know this, but I can guarantee that everyone has at least one moment in their life where no one was there for except your family.  And if it’s your mom, your dad, your siblings it’s the family that counts.  Your family never judges, your family loves you for what you are no matter what.  So to the parents that are moving forward these days, remember what your mom did for you, remember what your dad did for you and apply that to your son or daughter.  I find myself in that boat these days and I can’t help to recall the lessons I learned from my mom, most important NEVER QUIT!  So Mom, thank you, I love you, and you made me what I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment